Sunday 29 August 2010

let's talk about this norwegian newgazers!


Serena Maneesh

Yes, they're simply great, or shall I say, very-fucking-amazing. Yes, Serena Maneesh, the 'norwegian newgazers' is the coolest thing in my itunes right now, their banging-gothic-like shoegaze is quite addictive, not to mention their great liveshows. Yes, and I'm officially become a fan.

I mean, this is so not for you who usually listens to a straightforward kind of music, but if you wanna try, go ahead! Their songs, such as 'Reprobate!', 'Honeyjinx', and the ultimate single-chord-mayhem 'Selina's Melodie Fountain' is my favourite songs for now. The ambience, the harsh noise, the transition, I totally dig this kind of music. And someone actually said that their albums are like 'Loveless' in 20th century. Excuse me for being overacting, but this is a fresh kind of music that I've listened quite awhile. It's like Inception for music.

Hilma Nikolaisen

Oh yeah, the bassist, Hilma Nikolaisen, is very edgy, I mean, look at her hair! Suits the band just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment